So in the hustle and bustle of the season... I'm just talking work and everyday life here... I have kind of overlooked the important fact that Christmas is in just 15 days. Now to some of you that is still plenty of time but for me this instills a little panic as I have vowed this year to not do my ussual Christmas Eve mad sprint through closing stores to grab whatever I can find.
Granted the nice thing is we are a small group, just Mom, Dad, Nana, Papa, Sam and the dogs to buy for. Yes I said dogs.... in our family they are just people with a glandular disorder.
I think I know what I'm getting for everyone but Sam... wait no, I have to do the usual and get him something with a Ferrari on it, and his usual socks and undies (must be Calvin Klein).
As for the golden's and the little dude (pomeranian) it must be something edible, as well as wrapped so they can shred the paper into a million pieces.
So for all of you who have done your shopping and have everything wrapped and sitting under the tree.... I say look who is all organized and high and mighty! Now I have to go fight my way through rude X-mas shoppers to find some tighty whiteys.
1. I love how you make me put away my beautiful fragranced Chanel body products only to replace them with medicated creams for my eczema outbreaks and peeling facial skin.
2. Thank you for making me burn through fuel when I have to warm up my vehicle for 20 minutes each time I need to leave the house... because fuel is so economically priced these days.
3. I know you love when I slip into my sexy thermal underwear that I am now forced to wear under my already equally warm clothing to go to work.
4. They say that red is the color of love, well you will see a beautiful red bloom left on my pillow from the nosebleed I had from your dry winter air.
5. You sneaky lovebird you... I saw you hide some beautiful black ice under your white blanket for me.
6. I love how you surprise me with sudden over supply of snow when I didn't plan on wearing my winter boots and now my socks are wet and frozen.
7. I adore when a romantic meal consists of cup a soup and horrible produce due to you closing down major shipping routes to my local grocer.
8. Thank you for your kisses that leave my extremities frostbitten and sore.
9. I also love when you decide to get overambitious and close major roadways so we can be alone.
10. Finally winter I have to say that you are so thoughtful in your efforts to surprise me, like how you came early for my birthday and Thanksgiving and how you usually leave the third week in January to be the coldest but decided to give me an early Christmas present of -30 degrees now!
Stuck deep in your embrace,